What is a cookie and what does it do?
A "Cookie" is a small file that is stored on the user's computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with browsing information.
The set of all of our users' "cookies" help us to improve the quality of our website, allowing us control which pages are useful, which are not, and which may be improved.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the browsing and usability of our website.
Cookies do not ever damage your computer. They actually help us to identify and resolve errors.
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the entity managing the same:
- Our own Cookies: These are any that are sent to your computer from our own computers or domains and from where we provide the service that you have requested.
- Third party Cookies: These are any that are sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is operated by another partner rather than us. These could be ones used by social networks, or by external content as Google Maps.
According to the length of time that they remain enabled:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so that none remain on your computer's hard drive. Any information obtained by means of these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. This allows us to provide a better experience to improve the content and ease of use in the long run.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them each time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a determined expiry date. The cookie no longer works after that date. These cookies are generally used to facilitate purchasing and registration services.
According to its purpose:
- Technical Cookies: These are any that are necessary for browsing and the smooth operation of our website. They allow the control of traffic and the communication of data, access to restricted access by parties, the processing of the purchase of an order, the use of security elements, the storing of content in order to load videos or share content through social networks.
- Customisation Cookies: These are any that allow you to access the service with a few predefined characteristics depending on a series of criteria, such as for example language, the type of browser you are using to access the service, the local configuration where visitors can access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: These are any that allow us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the services provided.
This involves analysing your browsing on our website in order to improve the supply of products and services that we offer.
- Advertising Cookies: These are any that allow the management, in the most efficient manner possible, of advertising space that may be included in our website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information of the behaviour of users gained through continuous observation. They allow us to learn about the browsing habits on the internet and display advertising related to your browsing profile.
How can you configure or disable your cookies?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies that have been installed on your computer through the options setting on your Internet browser. In the event that you block the installation of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access certain services that may lead to a less satisfactory experience of our website.
The following links provide you with all the information to configure or disable cookies in your browser.